From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on SSD
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:10:16
1 On Monday 22 February 2010 12:57:27 Stroller wrote:
2 > On 22 Feb 2010, at 07:54, daid kahl wrote:
3 > > ...
4 > > As far as I know, solid state devices are much more susceptible to
5 > > solar flare damage, particularly if you are outside. This is not
6 > > exactly common, but hey. Of course I also have a theory that not an
7 > > insignificant number of computer problems are caused by bit-flips from
8 > > cosmic ray induced muon showers, but I digress...
9 >
10 > I have recently decided to blame solar flares & cosmic ray induced
11 > muon showers whenever one of my customers asks why their PC is broken.
12
13 Flavour of the moment here where I am:
14
15 High energy gamma rays from quasars at the edge of the visible known universe
16 produced when the universe was a mere 700 million years old.
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com