From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on SSD
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:06:03
1 On 22 Feb 2010, at 07:54, daid kahl wrote:
2 > ...
3 > As far as I know, solid state devices are much more susceptible to
4 > solar flare damage, particularly if you are outside. This is not
5 > exactly common, but hey. Of course I also have a theory that not an
6 > insignificant number of computer problems are caused by bit-flips from
7 > cosmic ray induced muon showers, but I digress...
8
9 I have recently decided to blame solar flares & cosmic ray induced
10 muon showers whenever one of my customers asks why their PC is broken.
11
12 Stroller.