From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Convert quickpkg of udev-171-r10 to local overlay...
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 19:17:17
1 On 31/03/2013 18:41, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > Googled and can't seem to find an answer to this...
3 >
4 > I've had FEATURES="buildpkg" for some time on my system, so I already
5 > have udev-171-r10 quickpkg'd...
6 >
7 > But for the life of me, I can't seem to find instructions for how to
8 > convert /usr/portage/packages/sys-fs/udev-171-r10.tbz2 to an ebuild that
9 > I can then add to my local overlay...
10
11 The quickpkg is a tarball, it does not contain an ebuild. It only
12 contains the files installed by the ebuild.
13
14 You have to have the copy of the ebuild somewhere else. This only makes
15 sense as the way to re-install the pkg is "emerge -k <some_pkg>", so you
16 have to have the ebuild first before using the quickpkg.
17
18 A copy of the ebuild for the *currently*installed* package is in
20
21 You need to grab and store a copy of it before unininstalling it and
22 before it is removed from portage. Failing that, you can always get a
23 copy out of the Gentoo Attic (the URL for which I can never remember but
24 Google doesn't have that problem)
30 > Can this be done with the quickpkg command, or some other portage
31 > tool/command? Or do I have to
32 >
33 > Anyone know how to do this?
34 >
35 > I'm basically using this udev event to learn a little about how quickpkg
36 > works, so, since udev-171 is no longer in the portage tree, I want to
37 > convert my quickpkg of it to an ebuild in my local overlay so my mask
38 > will work again... then I'll back everything up, and do the update to
39 > udev...
44 Alan McKinnon
45 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com