From: marco restelli <mrestelli@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] ubuntu equivalent of world file
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 08:23:26
1 2020-05-06 16:25 GMT+02:00, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>:
2 > On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 2:39 AM marco restelli <mrestelli@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> 2020-05-06 11:29 GMT+02:00, marco restelli <mrestelli@×××××.com>:
5 >> > Hi all,
6 >> > this is a bit off topic, but probably is not an unknown problem for
7 >> > many on the list.
8 >> >
9 >> > I am a long time gentoo user and I occasionally work on an Ubuntu
10 >> > system. I wonder
11 >> > whether there is an Ubuntu equivalent of the portage world file, to
12 >> > separate the packages
13 >> > installed because the user wants them and those that are only there as
14 >> > a dependency.
15 >>
16 >> So, I finally found it short after posting:
17 >>
18 >> apt-mark showauto
19 >> apt-mark showmanual
20 >>
21 >> does the job.
22 >>
23 >> Marco
26 > $ cat /var/log/apt/history.log > ~/Desktop/allhistory.log && zcat
27 /var/log/apt/history.log*gz >> ~/Desktop/allhistory.log
28
29 OK, yes, this is also a solution, thank you. apt-mark gives the present state,
30 looking into the logs provides the whole evolution.
31
32 Marco