From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] ubuntu equivalent of world file
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 14:26:11
1 On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 2:39 AM marco restelli <mrestelli@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > 2020-05-06 11:29 GMT+02:00, marco restelli <mrestelli@×××××.com>:
4 > > Hi all,
5 > > this is a bit off topic, but probably is not an unknown problem for
6 > > many on the list.
7 > >
8 > > I am a long time gentoo user and I occasionally work on an Ubuntu
9 > > system. I wonder
10 > > whether there is an Ubuntu equivalent of the portage world file, to
11 > > separate the packages
12 > > installed because the user wants them and those that are only there as
13 > > a dependency.
14 >
15 > So, I finally found it short after posting:
16 >
17 > apt-mark showauto
18 > apt-mark showmanual
19 >
20 > does the job.
21 >
22 > Marco
25 $ cat /var/log/apt/history.log > ~/Desktop/allhistory.log && zcat
26 /var/log/apt/history.log*gz >> ~/Desktop/allhistory.log