From: "Poison BL." <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dual OS clock issues
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 16:05:07
1 On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 4:28 AM, Fernando Rodriguez <
2 frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Thursday, June 04, 2015 12:06:51 PM Derek Ellison wrote:
5 > > I have two HDD in a UEFI system. Windows 8 on one and Gentoo on the
6 > other.
7 > > Currently I have to update the clock everytime I boot to the other OS and
8 > > I'm wondering if there is a way I can avoid this? It's just starting to
9 > get
10 > > to be a pain to have to update it everytime.
11 > >
12 > > Any information would be most welcome.
13 > >
14 > > Thanks!
15 >
16 > Set Windows to use utc. See
17 > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Time#UTC_in_Windows
18 >
19 > --
20 > Fernando Rodriguez
23 Given the fact that the builtin network time sync windows does ignores that
24 feature altogether, it's generally a lot more sensible to configure the OS
25 that actually cooperates rather than the one that only listens to settings
26 when it suits it. That said, when there's some reason that's not an option
27 (in my case, I'm not the admin on the linux OS some of my machines are
28 stuck dual booting with, and I need reliable time sync in windows for
29 licensing), a secondary tool like NetTime, alongside disabling the W32Time
30 and setting RealTimeIsUniversal in the registry seems to work well so far.
33 Joshua M. Murphy