From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to set domainname
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 04:03:54
1 Graham Murray wrote:
2 >
3 > But this thread is about setting the domain name initially. This is
4 > something which desktop users want to do and the suggestion was that
5 > /etc/conf.d/net is the correct place to set (as well as change on a
6 > per-interface basis) this.
7
8 Context is everything. ;) The post I was replying to was attempting to
9 suggest otherwise.
10
11 In any case, how do I go about setting my domain name in /etc/conf.d/net
12 if I still want to get my DNS server from DHCP (and I can't be sure it
13 won't change without warning)?
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list