From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to set domainname
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:59:11
1 Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Sorry, but I disagree with this interpretation. The way I read it, it
4 > says that in the rare case that one should wish to change things such
5 > as domain, DNS, etc, one should use /etc/conf.d/net, but that a
6 > wireless user is more likely to need/want such configurability than a
7 > typical desktop user is.
8
9 But this thread is about setting the domain name initially. This is
10 something which desktop users want to do and the suggestion was that
11 /etc/conf.d/net is the correct place to set (as well as change on a
12 per-interface basis) this.
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list