From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 22:36:32
1 On Wednesday 22 June 2011 23:35:37 Dale wrote:
2
3 > Maybe we have something different then. I don't have blas-reference on
4 > here anymore either. My point was, disabling fortran to remove it only
5 > lead to other stuff being required. I think there is more on here now
6 > than there was before. So, removing fortran to get rid of bloat didn't
7 > help any because it just required a different set of bloat.
8
9 Maybe it's time to make a backup, then remove all USE flags from make.conf
10 and package.use, set your profile to default/linux/<arch>/10.0/desktop/kde
11 and rebuild. Alan and Neil's idea of a set of the meta-packages you want
12 sounds good to me too.
13
14 Then you'll really have a clean system.
15
16 I may follow suit - I built this system with kde-meta for simplicity, but of
17 course it now has a lot of stuff I don't want, including Fortran. I tried
18 rebuilding with -fortran as I said a few minutes ago, but portage wanted ifc
19 instead.
22 Rgds
23 Peter