From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:13:56
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 22 June 2011 23:35:37 Dale wrote:
5 >> Maybe we have something different then. I don't have blas-reference on
6 >> here anymore either. My point was, disabling fortran to remove it only
7 >> lead to other stuff being required. I think there is more on here now
8 >> than there was before. So, removing fortran to get rid of bloat didn't
9 >> help any because it just required a different set of bloat.
10 >>
11 > Maybe it's time to make a backup, then remove all USE flags from make.conf
12 > and package.use, set your profile to default/linux/<arch>/10.0/desktop/kde
13 > and rebuild. Alan and Neil's idea of a set of the meta-packages you want
14 > sounds good to me too.
15 >
16 > Then you'll really have a clean system.
17 >
18 > I may follow suit - I built this system with kde-meta for simplicity, but of
19 > course it now has a lot of stuff I don't want, including Fortran. I tried
20 > rebuilding with -fortran as I said a few minutes ago, but portage wanted ifc
21 > instead.
25 Yep. On my machine, it pulled in about a dozen or so new packages to
26 replace R and fortran being disabled on gcc. I'm not sure I made my
27 system any leaner or cleaner. I actually may have done the opposite.
28
29 Dale
30