From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Backups and snapshots [Was: Organising btrfs subvolumes]
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 21:36:17
1 On 27/05/2014 17:12, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > I have a yearly (full), monthly, weekly and daily. Each incremental is against
3 > the most recent one of itself or longer period.
4 > That means having to keep multiple snapshots active, which I prefer to avoid.
5 >
6 > But, it is a good idea for backing up desktops and laptops.
9 I'm curious why you have yearly snapshots. I've yet to find any sane
10 production system where a yearly backup had any worth at all. Even
11 monthly is pushing it...
12
13 Or do you do it to have a decent start point for incrementals?
17 Alan McKinnon
18 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com