From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix & Pine incompatability
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:51:07
1 On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 02:51:35PM +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
2 > So to be positive about it heres how i found the answer:
3 >
4 > 1. looked to see if there were mbox or maildir USE flags that affected
5 > the build of pine - answer NO
6 > 2. google "pine maildir" and discover that there are patches in
7 > circulation - answer YES
8 > 3. grep the pine ebuild for the lines with epatch and see that none seem
9 > to have any obvious connection with the term "maildir" - answer NO
10 > 4. grep the ebuild for the term "maildir' and find what i posted.
11
12 This is a pretty good algorithm. Personally I prefer to do 2 before 1
13 (because more often than not I don't run into USE flags of which I
14 know their existence). I'll try to follow that in the future.
15
16 W
17 --
18 Pintsize: Hello Marten! I wasn't expecting you home this soon. We're playing
19 Trolls & Flame-Wars! It's an Internet message-board based role playing game.
20 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 42 days, 11:41
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list