From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cmdline image resizer understanding gamma ?
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 22:10:23
1 On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 05/05/2011 07:48 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >>> Especially as I don't trust ImageMagick with files that matter I would
4 >>> love to find (or re-find) a command line tool that properly handles
5 >>> Gamma when resizing images.  Needs be free software.  Anyone?
6 >>
7 >> ImageMagick works. I downloaded the Dalai Lama photo from that page
8 >> and converted it by doing:
9 >>
10 >> convert -colorspace sRGB gamma_dalai_lama_gray.jpg -scale 50%% -set
11 >> colorspace sRGB gamma_dalai_lama_gray50.png
12 >>
13 >> And the resulting image is correct.
14 >
15 > As I said, I do not trust ImageMagick with quality.  I am looking for a
16 > different tool.
17
18 Doesn't Netpbm satisfy your criteria? It's the very first program on
19 the list of "good" software in that web page.