From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cmdline image resizer understanding gamma ?
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 21:27:06
1 On 05/05/2011 07:48 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 >> Especially as I don't trust ImageMagick with files that matter I would
3 >> love to find (or re-find) a command line tool that properly handles
4 >> Gamma when resizing images. Needs be free software. Anyone?
5 >
6 > ImageMagick works. I downloaded the Dalai Lama photo from that page
7 > and converted it by doing:
8 >
9 > convert -colorspace sRGB gamma_dalai_lama_gray.jpg -scale 50%% -set
10 > colorspace sRGB gamma_dalai_lama_gray50.png
11 >
12 > And the resulting image is correct.
13
14 As I said, I do not trust ImageMagick with quality. I am looking for a
15 different tool.
19 Sebastian