From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cmdline image resizer understanding gamma ?
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 03:09:03
1 On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 12:25 AM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On 05/05/2011 07:48 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
4 > >> Especially as I don't trust ImageMagick with files that matter I would
5 > >> love to find (or re-find) a command line tool that properly handles
6 > >> Gamma when resizing images. Needs be free software. Anyone?
7 > >
8 > > ImageMagick works. I downloaded the Dalai Lama photo from that page
9 > > and converted it by doing:
10 > >
11 > > convert -colorspace sRGB gamma_dalai_lama_gray.jpg -scale 50%% -set
12 > > colorspace sRGB gamma_dalai_lama_gray50.png
13 > >
14 > > And the resulting image is correct.
15 >
16 > As I said, I do not trust ImageMagick with quality. I am looking for a
17 > different tool.
21 > Sebastian
22 >
23 > What about using gimp in scripting mode?
24
25 Kfir