From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads-Up sys-lib/com_err breaks Apps
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 07:15:52
1 Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2 >
3 > It didn't catch everything. Right now I'm recompiling xscreensaver.
6 revdep-rebuild didn't catch everything? Do we know why? I wouldn't want that to happen to me ;-).
7
8 > The thing which I'm talking about is, if there are _specific_ caveats
9 > such as with this new app, it shouldn't even go ahead and
10 > compile/upgrade/update. It should just shoot the ebuild einfo and then
11 > force manual intervention.
12 >
13 > Updates are usually done at night. Output is not seen. That's why. If I
14 > knew that it might break anything, I wouldn't leave it overnight to
15 > update and then go to work and find Evo(or important "X" app) wouldn't
16 > work and cause undue frustration.
20 That seems reasonable.
21
22 Zac