From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.3.1 : Gwenview & Krusader problems
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:35:13
1 090921 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Montag 21 September 2009, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> Gwenview is refusing to show thumbnails of images, which showed in 3.5.10 .
4 >> They seem to be small images: has anyone else experienced this ?
5 > it does show little images,
6 > but you are missing thumbnails which are little images?
7
8 The thumbnails are missing for some images, for which thumbnails appear
9 properly in Gwenview (for) 3.5.10 . I've found the cause:
10 'properties' says they are 'jpeg', but that their content is 'gif',
11 so changing the extension to '.gif' cures the disorder.
12
13 I'm not sure this is progress: the Unix way is to use extensions as a guide,
14 but process files according to their identified content;
15 Gwenview 4.3.1 seems to be following the M$ approach of obeying extensions.
16 Anyway, it's solvable with some renaming: more fun with Thunar (grin) !
20 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
21 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
22 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca