From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.3.1 : Gwenview & Krusader problems
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 18:04:45
1 On Montag 21 September 2009, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 090921 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > On Montag 21 September 2009, Philip Webb wrote:
4 > >> Gwenview is refusing to show thumbnails of images, which showed in
5 > >> 3.5.10 . They seem to be small images: has anyone else experienced this
6 > >> ?
7 > >
8 > > it does show little images,
9 > > but you are missing thumbnails which are little images?
10 >
11 > The thumbnails are missing for some images, for which thumbnails appear
12 > properly in Gwenview (for) 3.5.10 . I've found the cause:
13 > 'properties' says they are 'jpeg', but that their content is 'gif',
14 > so changing the extension to '.gif' cures the disorder.
15 >
16 > I'm not sure this is progress: the Unix way is to use extensions as a
17 > guide, but process files according to their identified content;
18 > Gwenview 4.3.1 seems to be following the M$ approach of obeying extensions.
19 > Anyway, it's solvable with some renaming: more fun with Thunar (grin) !
22 I would file a bug report with kde. You are right, apps should look for the
23 magic number, not some stupid extension.