From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gigabyte mobo latency
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 16:27:23
1 Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin <at> googlemail.com> writes:
4 > idea: have a look at the websites you visit. Some load&run megabytes of
5 > javascript which bogs down everything. Nothing you can do about that
6 > except turning of js.
9 Well, that was it on the performance (typing latency). Still I find
10 this very disturbing that I cannot alter some settings and
11 "de_tune" javascript in browser windows that are not active?
12
13 I had to diable javascript, terminate (with save) and start up seamonkey
14 again. Obviously, there are too many things I need that use javascript,
15 so I re-enabled javascript and terminated (a second time, with a save) the
16 seamonkey application and start it again (now again with javascript enabled).
17
18 So the problem is gone; I have seamonkey with tabs aplenty and javascript
19 enabled again. Why can't I achieve this without manual intervention?
20 It's not that I'm doubting what you are saying, it just seems "dumb"
21 that I cannot have auto_mastery on javascript tabs that are not active.
24 Maybe a browser plug-in?
25
26 Maybe a bug/feature request to the mozilla devs?
27
28 Really?
29
30 curiously,