From: "Matthias B." <msbREMOVE-THIS@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge of ksh93 erroring out.. who can interpret
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:41:12
1 On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 12:56:11 -0600 reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > Can you cite some actual examples of what you are talking about, with
4 > enough detail so I can see what you mean? Maybe include one or two of
5 > the workarounds you are tired of dealing with?
6
7 One thing I encountered is this bug
8
9 > echo "$(echo $';foo')"
10 bash: foo: command not found
11
12 introduced with some 3.1 version.
13
14 Then at some point the following stopped working
15
16 for d in `echo $locdirs | sed -e 's#/# #g'`; do
17
18 because bash stupidly regarded the embedded # as comment
19 delimters and complained about not finding the closing backtick. Both bugs
20 are fixed now.
21
22 Both cases broke scripts that I had released as part of a project and
23 therefore caused bug reports against my script. There were others but I
24 don't have the time to dig them out. I'm not trying to convince you to
25 stay away from bash, just telling you my reasons.
26 Oh, I forgot to mention that I found the zsh developers much easier to get
27 in touch with and much more responsive about bug reports.
28
29 But all of this is off-topic for gentoo-user, so I'll stop now.
30
31 MSB
34 The biggest fallacy of the SETI project is the belief
35 that TV signals are a sign of intelligence!
38 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list