From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Boot Gentoo to clean windows
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:23:36
1 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 >
3 > This is getting OT but I still want to ask:
4 > Is it really necessary to run an anti-virus on linux? I just want to
5 > hear some opinions on that topic because I thought security fixes for
6 > your software are the way to go for fighting virae on linux.
9 I have not ran a anti-virus here for years and no problems so far. I
10 don't think Linux has this problem except for the rootkit thing. It
11 seems Linux is just pretty much immune to this sort of thing.
12
13 Dale
14
16 --