From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No working "burning" cdrom
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 09:45:23
1 On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 13:30:36 +0530, Mrugesh Karnik wrote:
2
3 > Yes, it works as root. I was just investigating ways to set that only
4 > for growisofs. One way is to set it in /etc/profile, but that'll affect
5 > all processes. I'll let you know when I find the solution. One solution
6 > I can think of is to run ulimit followed by growisofs in a subshell..
7 > but the issue is with being root. I'll let you know.
8
9 This limit only applies to the root user, so the question becomes "why
10 is K3b running growisofs as root?". Is growisofs suid?
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 "Criminal Lawyer" is a redundancy.