From: Mrugesh Karnik <mrugeshkarnik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No working "burning" cdrom
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 08:07:16
1 On Thursday 09 November 2006 12:57, Luigi Pinna wrote:
2 > Alle 06:49, giovedì 9 novembre 2006, Mrugesh Karnik ha scritto:
3 > >[...]
4 > > Its to do with a kernel upgrade. Do a ulimit -l unlimited before
5 > > starting k3b in the same session.
6 >
7 > As user:
8 > $ ulimit -l unlimited
9 > bash: ulimit: max locked memory: cannot modify limit: Operation not
10 > allowed
11 >
12 > as root it is works!
13 > Now the question is how can I rescue it as default and allow it to
14 > users?
15 > What does it mean a kernel update?
16 > Thanks, Luigi
17
18 Yes, it works as root. I was just investigating ways to set that only
19 for growisofs. One way is to set it in /etc/profile, but that'll affect
20 all processes. I'll let you know when I find the solution. One solution
21 I can think of is to run ulimit followed by growisofs in a subshell..
22 but the issue is with being root. I'll let you know.
23
24 As for the kernel upgrade, this limit was imposed in 2.6.16 or something
25 from what I read.
29 Mrugesh Karnik
30 GPG Key 0xBA6F1DA8
31 Public key on http://wwwkeys.pgp.net