From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Opera-12 license mask warning
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 09:10:34
1 On 31/07/2016 09:56, Mick wrote:
2 > I got this after an update yesterday and was left puzzled as to what I am
3 > meant to do ...
4 >
5 > !!! The following installed packages are masked:
6 > - www-client/opera-12.16_p1860-r1::gentoo (masked by: OPERA-12 license(s))
7 > A copy of the 'OPERA-12' license is located at
8 > '/usr/portage/licenses/OPERA-12'.
9 >
10 > Is it a matter of adding in /etc/portage/make.conf:
11 >
12 > ACCEPT_LICENSE="OPERA-12"
13 >
14 > or am I supposed to go through some other ritual? Either way, couldn't the
15 > above message be more informative to do away with any guessing?
18 echo $category/$package $license > /etc/portage/package.license
19
20 I guess it's not listed explicitly in every ebuild with a non-free
21 license because you are supposed to know how to unmask stuff on your on
22 Gentoo system.
23
24 The info is in the portage man pages
27 Alan McKinnon