From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mounting disk image
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 04:39:04
1 On 6 Apr 2008, at 22:03, pat wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I have a question about mounting disk image as the disk. I have
4 > disk image
5 > which was created using:
6 > dd if=/dev/sda of=./file.iso
7 > and the sda contained two partitions sda1 and sda2. I know, that if
8 > I have
9 > only image of the sda1 I can mount it using loop device like
10 > #losetup /dev/loop0 file.iso
11 > #mount -t ... /dev/loop0 /mnt/tmp
12 >
13 > But, how to do it if the file structure is: sda -> sda1, sda2? I
14 > need to get
15 > data from sda1 and sda2 :-|
16
17 Hi there,
18
19 I have a similar disk image I need to access in the same way. I asked
20 about this on the list a while ago & received some helpful replies.
21
22 Unfortunately I got busy with work right after posting, and haven't
23 had a chance to try them, yet, but maybe you'll find them useful:
24 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/193263
25
26 Stroller.
27 --