From: Wolfgang Liebich <wolfgang.liebich@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: SOLVED: Re: [gentoo-user] Sudden problems with NIS logins
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:22:02
1 Hi,
2 Wolfgang Liebich schrieb:
3 > Hi,
4 > I'm running a linux system at work, which is member in a NIS domain.
5 > My username is local, the others are on the NIS server (home dirs are
6 > distributed around the cluster).
7 > Now I suddenly detected that users whose login data are on the NIS
8 > server cannot login anymore! I suspect somehow that the upgrade to pam
9 > 0.99 and the disappearance of the "nis" USE flag.
10 It's rather bad form to answer one's own posts, BUT the REAL cause of
11 the problem was something very different:
12 - On the Solaris boxen which comprise the rest of our NIS cluster, the
13 login shell of the users is /usr/bin/bash
14 - On my linux box it's /bin/bash
15 - I've added a symlink from /usr/bin/bash to /bin/bash
16 NOT DONE: add /usr/bin/bash to /etc/shells
17
18 Moral of the story:
19 - Always check the FULL pam stack for possible problems -
20 "authentification failed" does NOT mean just "authentification failed" :-/
21 Ciao,
22 Wolfgang
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list