From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installation problems
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 12:09:48
1 On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 4:53 AM Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 >
5 >> I haven't used the Gentoo installer discs for years, but you should be
6 >> able to create your own mount points.
7 >
8 > Is it still supported? I thought it was abandoned again a good while back. That thing has come and gone so many times, I can't keep up with when it is active or isn't.
11 The minimal CD, or creating mountpoints? The former has always
12 existed, and the latter has existed since the 70s.
13
14 And please add non-html quotes - I really don't want to have to edit replies...
15
16 As far as the minimal CD goes, you an just create mountpoints, but
17 really I'm not sure why anybody uses it in the first place. I just
18 use a liveCD from ubuntu or whatever - there are a bazillion liveCDs
19 (including Gentoo-based ones), and just about all of them are more
20 useful than the Gentoo minimal iso. I'm not sure why we even produce
21 one, except maybe for the same reasons everybody sets the default
22 editor to nano. :)
25 Rich