From: Kenneth Prugh <ken69267@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Digest verification failed
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:57:25
1 On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:47:36 +0000
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 09:32:25 -0500, Kenneth Prugh wrote:
5 >
6 > > yawn, and if the download was invalid it would most likely fail to
7 > > untar or something similar. I fail to see the point.
8 >
9 > That's because you are assuming that all file corruption is
10 > accidental, whereas the manifest system is designed to protect
11 > against malicious corruption.
12 >
13 > > I also remember why I hate this mailing list and usually just mark
14 > > all read.
15 >
16 > That is safer that advising people to override portage's security
17 > precautions.
21 You're right I was assuming it was accidental. I also falsely assumed
22 he already tried another mirror of the file.
23
24 I also don't think straight without breakfast, so I'm sorry about the
25 last email.. it wasn't very professional of me :>
26
27 On a side note: the reason I hate -user is it completely breaks claws
28 when it tries to thread it if there are unread :9. May need to nuke it
29 and regenerate everything from scratch.
32 Ken69267
33 Gentoo AMD64 AT