From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Digest verification failed
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:50:25
1 On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 09:32:25 -0500, Kenneth Prugh wrote:
2
3 > yawn, and if the download was invalid it would most likely fail to
4 > untar or something similar. I fail to see the point.
5
6 That's because you are assuming that all file corruption is accidental,
7 whereas the manifest system is designed to protect against malicious
8 corruption.
9
10 > I also remember why I hate this mailing list and usually just mark all
11 > read.
12
13 That is safer that advising people to override portage's security
14 precautions.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Paranoia: A healthy understanding of the nature of the universe.