From: Kenneth Prugh <ken69267@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Digest verification failed
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:32:35
1 On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:25:11 +0000
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 09:15:06 -0500, Kenneth Prugh wrote:
5 >
6 > > A temporary solution:
7 > >
8 > > cd /usr/portage/www-client/mozilla-firefox/ && rm Manifest && ebuild
9 > > mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.12.ebuild manifest
10 >
11 > s/temporary/terrible/
12 >
13 > This message means that either the portage tree contains the wrong
14 > checksum for a valid file, or that the file on your mirror has been
15 > replaced by an altered version. Redigesting to fix this problem is
16 > like fixing low oil pressure in your car by disconnecting the warning
17 > light.
18 >
19 > By all means feel free to take his risk on your own system, but please
20 > don't recommend others to do it without at least pointing out the
21 > potentially serious consequences.
22 >
23 > To the OP, it is possible that the Firefox archive was updated and you
24 > still have an older one in $DISTDIR. Try deleting your copy and
25 > emerging again. You could also try using a different mirror.
29 yawn, and if the download was invalid it would most likely fail to
30 untar or something similar. I fail to see the point. Either way, he can
31 delete it in distfiles and just remerge/remanifest so it grabs it off
32 the mirrors.
33
34 I also remember why I hate this mailing list and usually just mark all
35 read.
38 Ken69267
39 Gentoo AMD64 AT