From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: accessing serial console yields input/output error
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:45:58
1 On 2007-02-27, Strake <strake888@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > The subject says it all, really. The kernel recognizes the serial port and
4 > assigns it /dev/ttys0,
5
6 I doubt it.
7
8 Unless you've done some serious kernel hacking, /dev/ttys0 is
9 the slave end of a pty.
10
11 > as dmesg confirms,
12
13 I doubt it.
14
15 > but any attempt to access /dev/ttys0, including those made by
16 > minicom, setserial and a little test program that merely opens
17 > the file, fails with an "input/output error".
18
19 That's because the master end of the the pty isn't open.
20
21 > This annoys me to no end. Help is appreciated.
22
23 Try /dev/ttyS0
26 Grant Edwards grante Yow! I always wanted a
27 at NOSE JOB!!
28 visi.com
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list