From: Strake <strake888@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] accessing serial console yields input/output error
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:11:39
1 The subject says it all, really. The kernel recognizes the serial port and
2 assigns it /dev/ttys0, as dmesg confirms, but any attempt to access
3 /dev/ttys0, including those made by minicom, setserial and a little test
4 program that merely opens the file, fails with an "input/output error". This
5 annoys me to no end. Help is appreciated.
6
7 System specs:
8 kernel 2.6.18-gentoo-r6
9 x86_64 (AMD)
10 MSI K8N Diamond Plus
13 Registered Linux User #392061
14 counter.li.org
15 --------
16 If a human doesn't frequently exercise their lips, their brains start
17 working
18 - Jasper
20 Linux wins heavily on points of being available now.
21 - Linus Torvalds
23 No, you may not goto the washroom. Last time you went to the washroom, we
24 found you days later in an air vent.
25 - Bryn