From: Pupino <pupinux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [gentoo-users] acpi fails with status 1
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 18:04:50
1 2008/2/14, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>:
2 > Pupino writes:
3 >
4 > > I'm trying to use acpid with my gentoo laptop; it catches all events
5 > > (battery, button, ac_adapter) but it can't execute the designed
6 > > script, in any case.
7 >
8 > [...]
9 >
10 > > the script is called and it will simply display "Power button pressed"
11 > > at the moment. It has execution permissions and the path is correct.
14 > Um, where will it display the output? An echo would go nowhere, I think,
15 > there is no terminal associated with that process. Have tou tried something
16 > like "touch /tmp/button-pressed" in the script to test it is being
17 > executed?
18 >
19 > Wonko
20 >
21 > --
22 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
26 Hi Wonko,
27 you're right. echo simply does nothing.
28 However I'm not able to execute everything, specially I would like to
29 inform users with something like zenity but it doesn't work... but
30 I've found an interesting thread on the forum that might help.
31 Thanks for your help!
32 Davide
33 --
34 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list