From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: [OT] VMware legal question
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 07:53:41
1 · Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>:
2
3 > Alexander Skwar wrote:
4 >> · Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>:
7 >>> Is it legal to do the following:
8 >>>
9 >>> 1) "emerge vmware-workstation"
10 >>> 2) build some images (within the 30 day trial period)
11 >>> 3) "emerge -C vmware-workstation" (within the 30 day trial period)
12 >>> 4) "emerge vmware-player" and use it to play the images created by
13 >>> vmware-workstation
14 >>>
15 >>
16 >> That might be legal, but why don't you go the absolutely legal
17 >> way and use vmware-server instead of vmware-workstation?
18 >>
19 >> Alexander Skwar
22 > I have no strong reason for choosing vmw-workstation. There are two
23 > minor things that make me prefer it:
24 >
25 > - I am familiar with vmw-workstation and I've never seen vmw-server
26
27 There's no difference (as far as the interface is concerned).
28
29 > - VMW-Server is beta version
30
31 It is not.
32
33 > and masked as testing package
34
35 That might be.
36
37 Alexander Skwar
38 --
39 If God hadn't wanted you to be paranoid, He wouldn't have given you such
40 a vivid imagination.
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list