From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Simple Linux Router on a live CD?
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 08:53:49
1 Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 03:23 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> That I can understand. I sometimes want someone to tell me something
5 >> good to use so I can get a unbiased opinion.
8 > Yeah except a) opinions *are* biased and b) one's opinion was never
9 > asked and c) I've observed that asking a bunch of strangers for their
10 > opinion is just as (un)reliable as a Google search (recall how Google
11 > ranks pages).
14 Any time you ask a questions, you are really asking for a opinion.
15 Example, if you ask how to update the config files after doing a emerge
16 -u world, you are about to get opinions because there is more than one
17 way to do it. More than one command. So that could take care of a & b.
18
19 Since some things are just opinions, then you are right about c.
20 However, I usually get better answers here provided I give enough
21 information that someone can help. My problem is that usually I don't
22 know what all info I need to post. That's a whole new ball of yarn there.
25 >> Google ain't always right either. Sometimes I have more questions
26 >> after a Google search than I did when I started searching. :/
29 > As do I, but I always considered that a good thing.
30 >
31 > -m
35 It could be a good thing. Just keep in mind that I confuse pretty
36 easily sometimes. Throw me a curve ball and I'll miss it every time. LOL
37
38 Dale
39
43 www.myspace.com/dalek1967