From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT friendly cellphone w/ Gentoo?
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:07:44
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann <at> tu-clausthal.de> writes:
5 > well, I got my new razr today - and I am not too happy. Compared with my old
6 > Sony Ericson, bluetooth is crippled and everything seems to be a lot more
7 > complicated. While it is easy to put files onto the phone or fetch them with
8 > kdebluetooth with the SE, it seems not to be even possible with the razr.
9
10 > also, the razr does not support EDGE, so its networking is kinda slow compared
11 > to phones with it.
14 I'm pretty sure Alltel uses cdma, still. I suspected the razr was not linux
15 friendly, when googling produced very little in the way of positive information.
16 T-mobile is here in Florida, but their network quality really suffers from
17 drops according to everyone I have conversed with concerning T-mobile in Florida.
18
19 Any ideas which other cell phone vendors here in Florida, have GPRS/EDGE or
20 any other standard that actually works well with a cell phone conected to a
21 linux(gentoo) laptop?
22
23 Very few happy postings when you google for linux + razr and other
24 keywords.....
29 James
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list