From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ffmpeg command not found
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 19:23:46
1 2015-04-12 22:04 GMT+03:00 Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>:
2 > On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 9:58 PM, gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I used to convert dav to avi files with the following command
5 >> yet a year ago:
6 >> $ ffmpeg -i input.dav -vcodec libx264 -crf 24 output.avi
7 >> but now, while trying to use it, I get
8 >> > bash: ffmpeg: command not found
9 >>
10 >> What happened?
11 >>
12 >> I still have virtual/ffmpeg package installed.
13 >> In my case it points to libav.
14 >>
15 > See the following news item for details:
16 > eselect news list | grep ffmpeg
17 > [20] 2015-02-01 ffmpeg/libav conflict management: USE=libav
18
19 Thank you for your reply. I am aware of that change. But the news says:
20
21 "Users who currently use libav (the Gentoo default) do not have to
22 perform any action since USE=libav is enabled by default."
23
24 So, I "performed no actions".
25
26 And I still have media-video/libav-9.17 installed.
27
28 P.S. I have nor libav no ffmpeg USE flags in make.conf but I think
29 that USE=libav is enabled somewhere in the profile. Am I wrong?