From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple SMTP to cmd-line MTA relay?
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 00:00:51
1 On 2018-01-19, Grant Taylor <gtaylor@××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On 01/19/2018 04:04 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> One of the hassles with those is that portage won't allow me to install
4 >> any of them because they conflict with msmtp, which is what I use for
5 >> sending normal e-mail.
6 >
7 > I would expect that you can use any of those in place of msmtp to send
8 > email too.
9
10 That would require seperate outbound transports that are selected
11 based on how the mail was read: smtp vs. /usr/bin/sendmail (the real
12 one). I get the impression from exim and postfix docs that outbound
13 routing based on input method aren't possible (I may be wrong about
14 that).
15
16 Unless it's possible to run two separate instances -- one to relay
17 SMTP --> my_custom_sendmail_utility and one to hanlde outbound mail
18 generated locally standard_usr_bin_sendmail --> SMTP.
19
20 > Or are you doing something that is msmtp specific?
21
22 Well I have several msmtp "accounts" set up and run multiple mutt
23 configurations that use those different accounts for outbound mail.
26 Grant