From: Stefan Frank <s_frank@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dhcpcd 2.0.0 - Boot process hangs
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:11:16
1 On Tuesday 06 September 2005 17.20, Christoph Daldrup wrote:
2 > Finally, here is the solution to this problem:
3 > Don't emerge dhcpcd with the 'debug' USE flag.
4
5 Well, this is actually the worst thing on Gentoo: in the end the origin of a
6 problem is always located in front of the computer :).
7
8 By the way, it's never a good idea to use debugging unless you really want to
9 debug something. Did you set the USE="debug" globally? I made the mistake to
10 restart my server with enabled debugging in OpenLDAP. The machine didn't get
11 further than to LDAP. It took me some time to connect a monitor and keyboard
12 to the machine and find the problem ;).
13
14 You never stop learning (with Linux) :).
15
16 Stefan
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list