From: Christoph Daldrup <cd-news@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dhcpcd 2.0.0 - Boot process hangs
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:33:39
1 Am 31.08.2005 18:31 schrieb Christoph Daldrup:
2
3 > I've recently done an "emerge -tuvD world" and dhcpcd was updated from
4 > version dhcpcd-1.3.22_p4-r11 to version 2.0.0. The emerge went fine, no
5 > error message, no note to update config-files, everything seemed to be fine.
6 >
7 > But at the next reboot, I wasn't able to get an IP adress, and the boot
8 > process hanged at that stage. The last thing shown looked like the MAC
9 > adress, although I'm not sure on that.
10
11 Finally, here is the solution to this problem:
12 Don't emerge dhcpcd with the 'debug' USE flag.
13
14 Thanks to the friendly helper at the gentoo web forum.
15
16 Christoph
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list