From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Portage wants KDE4, I don't
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:55:20
1 Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
2 > On November 25, 2008, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> I didn't unmask nor keyword any *KDE4* stuff. Only KDE3. Previous
4 >> portage was happy with that. The new portage is not. I have dozens of
5 >> packages in package.keywords that look like this:
6 >>
7 >> kde-base/kdelibs
8 >
9 > in which case portage did exactly what you've asked it to. You should've
10 > mentioned either which specific versions you're unmasking/keywording or
11 > slots. Either way it's not a bug it's a true feature.
12
13 I can see that now. I assumed it's not the right behavior because
14 portage-2.1.4.5 did not pull KDE 4. Having:
15
16 kde-base/kdelibs
17
18 in keywords only keyworded the KDE 3 package. I'm not sure why. Maybe
19 it was looking at what I have installed and used that slot only instead
20 of every available slot. The new portage keywords all slots, installed
21 or not.