From: imacake LK <linuxrocksrulers@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I deamonize every service?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 20:01:56
1 I think you all understood me wrong:
2
3 LK wrote <linuxrocksrulers@×××××.com>:
4
5 > On Arch Linux there is a variable with all important things to
6 > be run, like dhcpcd, ssh, apache, and so on. If I want i can
7 > simply prepend a '@' to be begin to start it in the background.
8 > I miss that ease on gentoo.
11 I mean, rc-update adds a service in such a way, that the
12 booting waits for that service to complete startup. Now I would
13 like to start the service in the background to speed the boot up.
14
15 I was able to do this kind of stuff in arch:
16 SERVICES="udev nxserver @dhcpcd @ssh"
17 Where the services preceeded by a AT are backgroundified.
18
19 TIA...
20