From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I deamonize every service?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 20:12:32
1 On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 21:00:39 +0100, imacake LK wrote:
2
3 > I mean, rc-update adds a service in such a way, that the
4 > booting waits for that service to complete startup. Now I would
5 > like to start the service in the background to speed the boot up.
6
7 There's the PARALLEL_STARTUP option in rc.conf, but this method is
8 currently unsupported.
9
10 If you have ifplugd installed and set rc_depend_strict="NO" in rc.conf,
11 there isn't really anything that should wait. The usual delays are
12 networking scripts waiting for the network to come up, but this avoids
13 those.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Home is where you hang your @.