From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vncviewer Recommendation
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:56:38
1 On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > David Negreira wrote:
3 >> Drew Tomlinson wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> I'm looking for an vncviewer for Linux that has the same features as the
6 >>> Tight VNC viewer on Windows. I really like how the Windows viewer will
7 >>> scale the desktop and "remember" connections. Also, it's very easy to
8 >>> choose between "low" and "high" bandwidth connections with the Windows
9 >>> version.
10 >>>
11 >>> I've installed the TightVNC viewer on my Gentoo box and it does not
12 >>> appear to have any of these features. I'm looking for recommendations.
13 >>>
14 >>> Thanks,
15 >>>
16 >>> Drew
17 >>>
18 >>>
19 >>>
20 >> Hi,
21 >>
22 >> You could use grdesktop that has all that features.
25 > Thank you for your reply. However grdesktop appears to be only for
26 > connecting to Windows Remote Desktop and NOT VNC. Am I missing
27 > something? I need to connect to VNC servers.
28 >
29 > Thanks,
30 >
31 > Drew
32
33 There's kvnc in KDE land. Don't remember if it has all those features,
34 but I *think* it did. I has been ages since I used VNC.