From: Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vncviewer Recommendation
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:54:38
1 David Negreira wrote:
2 > Drew Tomlinson wrote:
3 >
4 >> I'm looking for an vncviewer for Linux that has the same features as the
5 >> Tight VNC viewer on Windows. I really like how the Windows viewer will
6 >> scale the desktop and "remember" connections. Also, it's very easy to
7 >> choose between "low" and "high" bandwidth connections with the Windows
8 >> version.
9 >>
10 >> I've installed the TightVNC viewer on my Gentoo box and it does not
11 >> appear to have any of these features. I'm looking for recommendations.
12 >>
13 >> Thanks,
14 >>
15 >> Drew
19 > Hi,
20 >
21 > You could use grdesktop that has all that features.
24 Thank you for your reply. However grdesktop appears to be only for
25 connecting to Windows Remote Desktop and NOT VNC. Am I missing
26 something? I need to connect to VNC servers.
27
28 Thanks,
29
30 Drew