From: David Negreira <davneg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vncviewer Recommendation
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:58:18
7 Drew Tomlinson wrote:
David Negreira wrote:
Drew Tomlinson wrote:
I'm looking for an vncviewer for Linux that has the same features as the
17 Tight VNC viewer on Windows. I really like how the Windows viewer will
18 scale the desktop and "remember" connections. Also, it's very easy to
19 choose between "low" and "high" bandwidth connections with the Windows
20 version.
21
22 I've installed the TightVNC viewer on my Gentoo box and it does not
23 appear to have any of these features. I'm looking for recommendations.
24
25 Thanks,
26
27 Drew
Hi,
34
35 You could use grdesktop that has all that features.
40 Thank you for your reply. However grdesktop appears to be only for
41 connecting to Windows Remote Desktop and NOT VNC. Am I missing
42 something? I need to connect to VNC servers.
43
44 Thanks,
45
46 Drew
51 Sorry my bad! I was busy around here and thought that it was rdesktop
52 =) For vnc i usually use vncviewer only, good luck with your quest.