From: Hung Dang <hungptit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vncviewer Recommendation
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 18:13:57
1 Drew Tomlinson wrote:
2 > David Negreira wrote:
3 >
4 >> Drew Tomlinson wrote:
7 >>> I'm looking for an vncviewer for Linux that has the same features as the
8 >>> Tight VNC viewer on Windows. I really like how the Windows viewer will
9 >>> scale the desktop and "remember" connections. Also, it's very easy to
10 >>> choose between "low" and "high" bandwidth connections with the Windows
11 >>> version.
12 >>>
13 >>> I've installed the TightVNC viewer on my Gentoo box and it does not
14 >>> appear to have any of these features. I'm looking for recommendations.
15 >>>
16 >>> Thanks,
17 >>>
18 >>> Drew
19 >>>
20 >>>
21 >>>
22 >>>
23 >> Hi,
24 >>
25 >> You could use grdesktop that has all that features.
29 > Thank you for your reply. However grdesktop appears to be only for
30 > connecting to Windows Remote Desktop and NOT VNC. Am I missing
31 > something? I need to connect to VNC servers.
32 >
33 > Thanks,
34 >
35 > Drew
39 You can adjust your bandwidth in vncviewer using option -compresslevel
40 and -quality.
41
42 Hung