From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Difference between "normal distcc" and "distcc with pump"?
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 20:38:14
1 On Monday, May 04, 2015 3:41:54 PM Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > Why is seamonkey the only program (so far for me) that needs "-m32"?
3 > Would it need "-m64" if it was being cross-compiled on a 32-bit host
4 > system for 64-bit client? Is there a wiki that we can contribute this
5 > info to?
6
7 It has to do with my last post. Basicly the makefiles are invoking the full
8 compiler name for the files that are meant to run on the target but it invokes
9 just gcc for the files that are meant to run on the host. This is in the
10 context of cross-compiling, not distcc, so the file that's failing is meant to
11 run locally (it's a custom build tool). If you where compiling locally (or in
12 two machines with the same compiler) it would not matter cause the host and
13 target compiler are the same, but when distcc comes in it builds those files
14 with the host (system) compiler on the host.
15
16 Changing the c++, cc, gcc, and g++ symlinks to a wrapper script that invokes
17 the compiler by it's full name as show in the RaspberryPi wiki page *should*
18 fix it.
21 Fernando Rodriguez