From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Difference between "normal distcc" and "distcc with pump"?
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 19:42:42
1 On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 05:29:34AM -0400, Fernando Rodriguez wrote
2
3 > All you need to do is create scripts on the host with the exact
4 > same names and have them execute the compiler that you want with
5 > the options you want (I just have it execute the 64bit compiler with
6 > -m32). Then make sure that distccd (on host) finds them before the
7 > actual compiler by putting it in the PATH environment variable before
8 > anything else.
9
10 Much to my surprise, adding "-m32" to the client's CFLAGS (and
11 therefore also CXXFLAGS) results in seamonkey building properly. I
12 tried it out on the same video, and cpu load "only" climbs to 2.5 versus
13 2.75 with seamonkey-bin. The build took 1hr and 43 minutes on the Core
14 2 Duo host, versus 14 hours doing it on the Atom.
15
16 Why is seamonkey the only program (so far for me) that needs "-m32"?
17 Would it need "-m64" if it was being cross-compiled on a 32-bit host
18 system for 64-bit client? Is there a wiki that we can contribute this
19 info to?
22 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
23 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications