From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Too many invalid recipients. (in reply to MAIL FROM command))
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 05:24:18
1 On 03/28/2017 10:57 PM, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 [snip
3 >>>[69.49.....] said: 550 5.7.1 <>... Too many
4 >>> invalid recipients. (in reply to MAIL FROM command))
5 >>>
6 >>> How to setup postfix correctly?
7 >>>
8 >>> The only syscon7.localdomain is the entry from /etc/hosts
9 >>>
10 >>> in: /etc/mail/aliases I have:
11 >>> root: thelma@×××××××××××.com
12 >>>
13 >>> So why postfix is sending it to: <root@×××××××.localdomain>
14 >>
15 >> "man aliases" will probably give you the answer.
16 >>
17 >> --
18 >> Regards
19 >> wabe
20 >
21 > No, it will not!
22 >
23 > The explanation is here:
24 > https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/21895287/SMTP-550-Too-many-invalid-recipients.html
25 >
26 > --
27 > Thelma
28
29 I don't run an internal mail server but was wondering is there an easy
30 way to configure the postfix so it will keep local mail (portage
31 notifications, hylafax etc) away from system provider.
32 My boxes are connected over VPN.
33
34 When I was setting up a new box today, something happen to cron email
35 notification I started receiving bunch of emails like:
36 Cron <root@i5> root test -x /usr/sbin/run-crons && /usr/sbin/run-crons
37
38 So provide mail server block my internal system emails from passing
39 through their server.
42 Thelma